8.12.2007

Jessica's Noble Purpose

All to often the people who serve others quietly and/or silently go without thanks or reward. They prefer to be behind the scenes, leaving whatever stage there is to someone else. Occasionally they get a thank you from whatever leader they report to, but more often that not they go unnoticed.

My wife Jessica is the most patient and perservering woman alive. Period. No contest.

She married me, she's gotta be :-)

But seriously, she is ridiculously patient.

All day I've been on the edge, I'm not sure why, but I was. Jessica simply made me raise my hand and solemly swear to stop being a jerk. Genius.

Lately Timmy has wanted to go to bed with his cars. Sorry Buster, but no Hot-Wheels in the sack. I can't get him to calm down and stop thrashing around, but Jessica picks him up, reads him a story and he's goes to bed. No more fuss, no problems.

Now some mothers feels useless. They don't provide for the family financialy, they don't have references, they only get out to go to soccer practice and to get groceries. I say that's ridiculous. My son is an incredibly smart little boy that everyone loves because he's really well behaved. It's because his mother is incredibly loving, and patient with him. Somehow she always knows what he needs to hear. I have no idea what to say, and she's got it taken care of before I can try to figure it out.

My point is simply this; my wife's calling to be a stay-at-home mother is a sacred task. NO-ONE ELSE could do it. Period. She's not worthless; she's priceless. Anyone who has ever thought otherwise is mistaken.

So here's to all the stay-at-home mom's out there. You have my respect & appreciation, and if I can ever do anything for you, all you have to do is ask.

Peace.

No comments: