9.10.2007

The Church of Irresitible Influence

I just started a book today called "the Church of Irresistible Influence" by Robert Lewis. It was recommended to me by a Pastor that I've only communicated with over the phone, but he didn't sound like a complete quack so I thought I'd give it a try.

It's really good so far. I've read 2 chapters and the forward. I never read the forward. It's usually useless. Or at least it was when I was reading forwards, I really don't know after I stopped if the ones I wasn't reading were good or not, I just assumed they sucked, but I really don't know.

I'm sure I'll be unpacking some of it here in the near future, but not tonight.

I almost feel like I'm writing a preview. "Stay tuned next week when our intrepid hero saves the day..." or "Same Bat-Time, Same Bat-Channel"

I'm really just trying to say that I like the book, but if you haven't gotten that yet, I'm not gonna convince you now.

Never mind.

Peace

1 comment:

Jerry DePoy Jr. said...

The best part about this book is the point he makes about no 1 church being able to impact a city alone. The Body of Christ needs to join together to push back the gates of hell. He talked about establishing relationships with other ministries in your city, and advancing the Kingdom...