1.27.2008

In-Rush Pt 2

Tonight was amazing. I was blown away.

A few thoughts;

Not the kind of music I dig. I'm not into keyboards, and I'm not into Gospel music. It was great nonetheless. Those of us who do a lot to shape the music out congregations sing need to get out of our comfort zones from time to time.

Pastor Russ was awesome. He preached about how our vision was too small. "Nothing less than a Habitation of the Holy Spirit is a worthy vision."

The overarching theme for both evenings was essentially unity in the church of Muskegon. About how there's no white community or black community. No dividing lines and no barriers that weren't erected by the Devil and certainly none that can't be crossed or tore down. We have to love each other if we're going to change anything. I'm in.

Quote of the day: "We're not talking about a dream for someday. We're living in a reality today."

As I was leaving, I was walking with Pastor Greg who posed the following "What do you think it will do for Forest Park? What will it do for Muskegon?" My answer was that I don't know, but I do know that prayer is the only way to find the answer. Prayer for a greater vision. Prayer for greater unity. Prayer for each other.

Peace

No comments: