2.19.2008

So long, Earth. Catch you on the flip side.

One of my all time favorite movies is Apollo 13. Based on the true story of the Apollo 13 mission that failed to land men on the moon, but succeeded at getting the crew home again.

There's a scene in the movie where they orbit around the moon, to slingshot themselves back to earth. As they go around the moon, they loose radio contact for 3 or 4 minutes.

I always thought that strange. We can get men to the moon, but we don't know how long we'll loose radio when they go the long way around. It's a good reminder that science is all just best guess, nothing more. Often it's a guess with an expensive college education behind it, but it is still just best guess.

Anyways, we're moving to our new house this weekend. So as soon as I click the 'Post' Icon, I won't be back on the internet for Lord knows how long.

So I guess I will catch you all on the flip side.

No comments: