3.23.2008

a Letter

I'm not sure yet how to react. I'm not sure I really want to.

I mean I'm not connected, I'm just an acquaintance. We don't have any real relationship going here, just an occasional 'good to see ya'.

Part of me wants to condemn. "Look at yourself, kneeling in the mud." I just want to lash out in anger, because I know you're better than that.

Would I ever do that? No

Am I still a sinner? yes

Unfortunately for my spiteful impulse, the ground is level at the foot of the cross. Funny, that no matter how many times I fall, I'm still on the same level ground as you. No better no worse, just the same.

I don't have any advice, no words of wisdom, no real experience. But if you ever need to talk, I was given a gift of listening. and I will do my very best to listen and not judge. If they dug into my closet, they would have a field day with that. No man on earth is perfect, and no one is better than you. Not better, not worse, just the same.

I doubt you'll read this, but if you do know that I'm praying for you.

And I'm serious about listening. Really.

No comments: