7.15.2008

Worship Matters

There are a number of things in the world that Irk me. They don't quite make me mad, but they're just off-kilter enough to make me scratch my head. Top 3 are;
1. Things that just don't make sense, but we do them anyway.
2. Number one in traffic.
3. Things that just take more time than they should.

When I opened the mailbox today, I finally beheld a purchase from a major e-retailer that specializes in literature. I ordered the book on July 6th, but it didn't ship until the 10th. What? I'm not going to use their name, because I think this is a fluke as my experience with them is overwhelmingly positive.

Anyway, the book is Worship Matters by Bob Kauflin. I'm excited to read this for a number of reasons;
1. The guy is passionate about Jesus, and about worship.
2. He's very focused on making worship biblical.
3. His blogs will someday be collected and published, akin to C.S. Lewis' 'Christian Reflections'.

That last one may be a little bit of a long shot, but mostly because it's just as easy to go to his website and read the archives.

Seriously, I read every time he blogs, because he's very thorough in his thought and in his Scripture. He rarely makes statements like "I do things this way because it works for me" or "This is just how we were feeling". Instead he says things like "Jesus said..." and "The bible speaks on this..."

While I'm reading this I'm going to try and re-cap what I'm reading and hopefully you can get something out of it too. Maybe you can borrow it when I'm done.

No comments: