1. He's a worship leader who would benefit greatly (who wouldn't) from the web 2.0 community and what other worship leaders are saying.
2. He's in charge of the college and career ministries at FPCC and being such, needs a blog. I mean, this is 2008.
3. So the rest of the world can experience his unique brand of humor.
4. Because it would look sweet. I mean the guy does his own business cards, and he 'actually' understands photo-shop. (and when he was done geeking out his blog he could do mine)
5. Because it would just be cool. I mean C'mon Chris, everyone's doing it!