9.27.2008

I have seen the beast, and he lives in D.C.

Should we bail out iresponsible businessmen? No. The US isn't going to step in when my company bellies up, why should they step in just because this company can afford lobbyists?

Should I have to pay for their mistakes? (Truth is I will, either through taxes or through recession)

I can't even begin to imagine a bill that doesn't require the heads of these companies to stand down before they get any help. That's gotta happen. If we leave them there they'll just be irresponsible again, regardless of any governement regulation. They'll just find another way to be stupid.

All of this anger and frustration... I can't turn on my radio or tv without seeing it. Even my dad's up in arms. 

One more question, how can we even consider bailing out and regulating this sector of the industry without more regulations on the credit industry? If the cause is rooted in cheap mortgage loans, then the same thing could forseeably happen in the credit industry too. (I would love to see the Credit industry go down, Bank of America first, then American Express. That would help my personal recession).

I can't look at this situation and think of this verse "I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed." -Romans 8:18-19.

I remember this being expressed once as creation 'groaning' for redemption. Like the hills were weeping and wailing in expectation of the relief and rescue that was to come.

This post is unique in 2 ways. 1; it's a collection of random thoughts. 2; I'm not going to allow comments because I don't want to write about it anymore.