11.03.2008

Way Too Late Review : Tom Petty 'Wildflowers'


I Borrowed this from my dad a few weks ago, but I haven't had the chance to blog about it.

It blew me away the first time through, keeps me enthralled now.

The songs themselves border on the overly simple, but they all have character (something I miss on modern radio). The best lyric on the album is from Wildflowers

"You belong among the wildflowers / You belong somewhere close to me / Far away from your trouble and worry / you belong somewhere you feel free."

Musically this is not a typical Tom Petty record. It's like he learned some new chords or something. Try out 'It's Good To Be King' to hear Mr. Petty show of his new chops.

I plan on spinning this the next time I have a long drive. Should fit perfectly.

Even if a little late.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

holy cow, new template! I thought I was on the wrong site for a minute there...

I have nothing to say about Tom Petty. I'm sure it rocks if you say it does. :-)