12.11.2008

the men who shaped me

I was reminded recently of the need for mentors. In my own life, I need a mentor as I am leading a young family and I have no idea what I'm doing. I was also reminded of the fact that I've been through stuff that high school and college guys are wrestling with right now. 
What kind of impact could I have in another man's life? What change would that relationship have on me?

So, I'm going to start my first ever continuous blog series, dear God don't let it crash and burn.

I'm going to write about the men who shaped me. There's the obvious and strong influences: my Dad, my Grandfather's, and my High School Youth Pastor. These four men were a stronger force for change in me than they, or I, will ever know. 

I can also think of a number of men whose leadership crafted me in more ways than they know. Men who weren't intended to be mentors, but contributed so much to my growth that I'm going to talk about them anyway.

So, please come back tomorrow at the same time and we'll talk.

1 comment:

Jessica Lynn said...

I'm excited to read this series. It will be interesting for me to read about these men that shaped you into the man I know and love.