3.30.2009

5 Songs I can't get enough of.

5. Bravery - Charlie Hall. Just an amazing tune.

"I rise above all the flattery and frowns
I put my head up to your chest and listen for sound
You make me brave every time I see you smile
I see it clear, I am yours"


4. Say It To Me Now - Glen Hansard. from the movie 'Once' If you haven't seen this flick, you need to. If you have you need to see it again.

"Cause I'm picking up a message Lord
And I'm closer than I've ever been before
So if you have something to say, Say it to me now"

3. Delicate - Damien Rice. Can't say enough about this guy.

"why d'ya sing hallelujah
if it means nothin' to ya
why d'ya sing with me at all?"

2. Atlantic City - Bruce Springsteen. The Boss always paints vivd pictures in his tunes, but this one is particularly potent as of late.

"Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay"

1. Scrapyard Lullaby - Chris Whitley. Full of amazing lines like;

"what it takes to see The gold from the alchemy"
and
"Broken could be golden in it's very own time"

No comments: