5.19.2009

my new commute

I just started a new job, that involves me driving an hour or more each way. I've never had a job so far away, but I am enjoying it. I though that this would afford me all kinds of time to listen to all the music I've been meaning to listen to.

I'm honestly shocked that I've only really listened to 5 cd's. I'm going to argue that they each rock in their own way.

Andrew Osenga The Morning - I've blogged about this before, so I'll let it rest for now.

Coldplay Viva La Vida - Also amazing and doesn't need explanation.

Oasis What's the Story (Morning Glory) - Brit Pop Revival of the 90's. None of this is ground breaking, but it is quirky, up-beat, and easy to listen to. It doesn't take much to get into this.

Matchbox Twenty Exile on Mainstream - Their 'Greatest Hits' as they were, along with some new tunes. The band runs th gammut from alternative to pop and, much like Oasis, are very easy to digest.

Jim Gaffigan Beyond the Pale - A Comedy album that is beyond funny. If you haven't heard him, listen to anything he's done and you won't be disappointed.

2 comments:

Rob said...

christopher - I love jim gaffigan..how come we've never talked about this before. Also, What's the Story Morning Glory is one of my favorite all-time albums.

Anonymous said...

I heard Jim GAffigan for the first time the other night and was laughing so hard I was crying! He is a hoot! I hope your new job is going well...we missed you on the worship team this morning. Its just not the same without you.
-Anne