7.27.2009

Between the Blogging and the Why

My wife has been thinking lately about why she blogs. Why bother with this whole internet 2.0 thing? I’ve been thinking about it myself, and I’ve decided a few things.

  • When I started blogging I thought that it would be easy by now.
  • When I started blogging I thought I had a message than I needed to communicate. I’ve realized that I do have a message that needs to be communicated, but what I need from this blog is simply to communicate.
  • I worry about what other people think way too much. So I’m going to be more honest, talk more about my real life, and complain less.

A few truths that I cannot (will not) run from.

  • I am an artistic, creative person and I need to create or I die inside. Like a shark but with less teeth and a better reputation.
  • I am not funny to most people. That’s because most people aren’t British. Or Canadian.
    I am a collection of interests, ideas, and personality quirks that only exists in me. So If I continue to write in a way that isn’t honest, you’ll know better.
  • I can be a jerk.
  • The Gospel of Christ is life changing and transforming. I am no longer the man I was. I will never be again. I get to choose my own motivations and God willing they will always be pure.


I’ve also realized that I’m not as committed to this thing as I thought I was; which I’m okay with. I’ve got some other things that deserve my commitment tons more.

What does all this mean? It means I’m going to be nerdier. And Honest-er. And I really don’t know, but at least I know that much.

2 comments:

Matt Tennison said...

I think that's a good philosophy. In fact, I'll be adopting one very similar on my own blog soon.

Some blog for money, some for fame, but blog for you and you'll be happier in the end.

James said...

Glad to see you writing again...