10.25.2009

my new filter

I heard this statement a while ago and I thought it was brilliant. I was reminded of it again Yesterday and I feel more strongly about it than I did before.
"Are we here because of where we're coming from or where we're going?"

That's Brilliant! Is my current situation the result of my previous mistakes and decisions or is it the groundwork for the road ahead?

I love that it shifts my focus from a very narrow view of a situation and forces me to look at the big picture.

I'm going to try and run my decisions through this filter for the rest of the day and see if my perspective changes. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe its a little of both, but looking at it from the standpoint that its setting the groundwork for where you're going is a much more positive attitude. Its easy to get caught up in the negatives and sometimes it takes a conscious effort to focus on something else. I think I'll try the same experiment! Thanks Chris!
Anne