2.06.2010

Goals 2010 pt.3

I want to get healthy.

I’m not obese, but I am overweight and I have really high blood pressure. I want to watch my grandkids get married someday, so I should really be more careful about what I eat and how much I exercise.

The problem is I love food that’s bad for me. Smother it in cheese and salt and I’m even more interested. I also eat when I’m bored. And I get bored easy.

I also hate the gym. It’s not the gym “per-say,” it’s more the boring and mind numbing experience of sitting on a bicycle that’s not going anywhere and staying motivated. I would lift weights more, but I get really self-conscious really fast (unless I’ve got a guitar, then I’m good).

Our gym has a steam room, which I really love. Except when Old-Shirtless-Guy is there; Old-Shirtless Guy goes on and on about politics and everything else under the sun. Old-Shirtless Guy also asks for your opinion and then tells you in as many words as possible that you’re wrong. I don’t mind other people having an opinion; I just don’t want you to beat me over the head with it.

So, I’m eating fruit smoothies for breakfast, salads for lunch and as little sodium as possible. I’m trying really, really hard to focus at the gym.

And if can keep it together long enough, I just might be skinny before Jessica’s 10 year class-reunion. I’d really like to be the hot trophy husband for that.

No comments: