2.08.2010

Goals 2010 Pt.4

I graduated from College in 2005 with a Music degree focused on recording and audio technology. In school I would spend as many as 30-40 hours a week in the studio; I loved it. Since graduation I’ve spent approximately 4 hours in a recording studio. I drastically miss that. It’s the one place where every part of my mind gets used at the same time. The analytical, the emotional, the musical, the technical, it’s all there in that room.

I’m also a closet songwriter. Maybe not closet, but I’m not getting paid for it, so that makes me, at best, an amateur. I think my stuff is good, but I’ve rarely had the guts to share it. I wouldn’t care if no one liked it, I’m just terrified of the “hushed silence of awkwardness” that means everyone is indifferent.

So one of my goals this year is to record and release some of my own songs. I know I’ll do it at home, on our computer.  I don’t care if no one but my wife and kids hear it because that’s not the point. The point is realizing a dream that I’ve been essentially sitting on for almost 10 years. My dream was never to be famous, but simply to be heard.

So stay tuned until…who knows when, but sometime in 2010…

No comments: