3.21.2010

It's not boasting if it's true

As I've been digging in and sending out my resume' more, I've come to an impasse. It feels like most places are looking for one of two people; the bubbly worship pastor or the techie worship pastor. The reason this is an issue is that I'm neither but I'm both.

The bubbly worship pastor is an almost painfully outgoing person who just has a 'pastor-ness' about him. You know who I'm talking about, there's one in your church, he/she may even be the youth pastor. He goes with the flow and doesn't say no to anything.

The techie pastor can lead worship on Sundays and have the new network up and running later in the week. He loves people but he also loves machines. You know who this guy is too. He has everything planned out ahead of time and can only be trouble to change something if you suggest it in writing.

The truth is I’m neither and both. I’m an emotional and intuitive worship leader who values planning and high quality execution. I believe the spirit speaks to us in our preparation and in the moment on Sunday.  I understand people and how they work, but I also understand technology and how to get the most out of it.

I’m not like Paul says, all things to all people, but I am a lot of things in one person. I see no compromise in embracing as wide a spectrum of thought and practice as I can. God will move, he will get his glory, and I will do anything necessary to be a part of it.


I play both the electric and the acoustic guitar with some degree of finesse. I love loud raucous celebration and quiet reverent moments in worship. I hold onto some traditions of our faith while knowing we have to move forward and innovate or we get stagnant.


So where does that leave me? My resume' looks like I'm either a complete liar, or that I'm too expensive. I'm neither, I'm just a man, chasing Christ, who wants to join your team.


At least give me a call would you?


No comments: