4.11.2010

U2 - No Line on the Horizon

I finally dug into U2's latest album, only to be disappointed. It's kinda ho-hum for me. I think the songs are ok enough, I just think this is a letdown considering what the band is capable of. It's good enough to make me want to listen to myother favorite U2 albums (How to dismantle the Atomic Bomb, Achtung Baby) but it doesn't inspire me to listen to itself.

Still there are a few really good tunes. 'Magnificent' is pretty solid, 'Moment of Surrender' is good, 'Get on Your Boots' is fun, but they can do, and have done, much better.

I did just get the 'Joshua Tree' for the first time about a month ago, so maybe I'm unfairly comparing this album to that one, but the biggest reason I listen to U2 is the hope that they'll someday top it. 'No Line on the Horizon' doesn't do it, not for me anyway.

1 comment:

Kim said...

We went to the U2 concert in chicago last summer and I felt the same way about the new stuff, different style. I think Joshua Tree is a great album.